The Empire Football League recently held its annual meeting in Fultonville, NY, announcing the following major initiatives for 2022:
- Strategic Planning: The EFL’s Strategic Plan was updated based on fact-based data to further refine the league’s branding. EFL Member Teams unanimously affirmed that they are comfortable with the league’s current status, stability and a preferred six team scenario.
- EFL Game of the Week: Continue to integrate live video streaming league wide. The EFL Game of the Week enabled each EFL team to acknowledge sponsors as an adjunct to traditional printed media. This implementation marketed the EFL and provided an opportunity for fans around the world to view EFL game action.
- EFL Season: The 2022 EFL season will start July 9th and end September 17th with a bye on Labor Day. The EFL Playoffs will take place September 24th and conclude with the EFL Championship Game on October 1st. The 2021 schedule is based on 3 teams in East and West Divisions. The teams in each division play each other twice and cross over to play each other once.
Glens Falls Greenjackets
Plattsburgh North Stars Watertown Red & Black
Broome County Stallions
A tentative game schedule has been developed that will be released later. This allows flexibility due to potential changes in field availability, driven by COVID restrictions/protocols, governed by individual county Public Health Departments.
2022 Empire Football League Officers were elected as follows:
- Dave Burch, EFL Commissioner
- Joe Friers, Commissioners of Officials
- Concetta Sager, Secretary/Treasurer
- Rick Sager, Deputy Commissioner
- Alvin Lollie, Deputy Commissioner